Why is keeping my gutters clean important?
- Your gutters play an important role in protecting your foundation. A clean gutter should provide proper drainage for storm water runoff and prevent erosion near your foundation.
How do I know when they are dirty? I can’t see up there from the ground.
- A gutter that has collected debris will not allow for proper flow. If you have noticed water overflowing from the side of your gutters, your gutters may not be large enough or they may be clogging with debris.
Where does debris come from and what is it?
- The debris that can be found inside your gutters can be caused by many things. Any solid object can lead to a blockage over time or simply slow the flow of water if not completely blocked. This debris could be from limbs, leaves, shingle rock, bird nesting, seeds, or any number of other environmental items.
I don’t have any trees near my house, so why should I clean my gutters?
- Even if you don’t have trees & large shrubs planted close by your home, your gutters can still collect debris from neighboring properties. The wind, birds & other environmental factors could still lead to clogged or slow flowing gutters.
How much would it cost to clean my gutters?
- Many factors go into gutter cleaning prices. Some of these factors are: the pitch of your roof, how tall the roof line is (1,2, or 3 story), how much guttering you have, how dirty or clogged the gutters are (some are packed solid with debris and even have trees growing out of them), and some companies will charge extra to clean out or flush your downspouts. There are many factors that can play into the pricing. These are just a few examples.
Do I have to clean my gutters every year?
- Yes and No.
- Yes, you should clean them every year if you do not have an effective gutter cover system installed. Neglected gutters can lead to possible rotted roof decking, warped boards behind siding and foundation erosion.
- No – you do not have to clean them every year if you have a superior gutter cover system installed
What type of gutter cover does Lukes GC install?
- We install a barely visible low profile product that handles even the hardest rainfalls on any roof pitch and is made right here in the USA. The installation of our product will not void your roof warranty, unlike some other products on the market. It comes in a variety of colors to match your specific home décor. The manufacturer offers a 20 year transferrable warranty and we offer a 2 year installation warranty. With our labor warranty, if at any time your gutters have a blockage in the next 4 seasons, we’ll come and clean them out at no additional cost to you!
How will I know how much it costs?
- Call us today at 865-771-4085 to schedule your no obligation, no cost estimate. It’s that simple.