Question: Do my windows need to be replaced?
Answer: Maybe. Look through the list below. If you answer yes to any of these questions, it may be time to replace your current windows.
- Are your windows single pane? Single pane windows often will be very cold or hot to the touch depending on the temperature outside. They often will collect condensation around the panes and glass of the window. Replacement windows contain Low-E glass that reflects heat, which helps retain the temperature inside your home. Most homeowners see a 30-50% reduction in energy usage.
- Is it loud inside your home? Replacement windows that contain Argon gas have a better sound proofing effect.
- Are your pictures, furniture, carpet faded or fading rapidly? Most household furnishings are made of an organic material which is susceptible to fading when exposed to harmful ultraviolet rays. Replacement windows are UV rated.
- Do you close off rooms in your how with drafty windows during cooler weather? It’s time for replacement.
- Are you still using storm windows? Replacement windows have double insulated glass and come with different options: Low-E coatings and Argon gas fill for additional efficiency and Energy Star® compliance.
- Do you have to paint your windows as part of your regular maintenance? Replacement windows are vinyl. They will never need to be painted and are easy to clean.
If you answered yes to any of these questions, feel free to call us today for a free estimate for replacement windows. 865-771-4085